Saturday, June 9, 2012

I was in a REALLY bad mood yesterday

It's June.. and my kids didn't have swimsuits.. So we trek to the local big box store to find them one.  My 13yo is insistent that I get one this year.  I tried to explain that Mom hasn't worn a bathing suit in 20+ years.. Nope, not exaggerating.  I *really* don't want any part of this, but I do love her so ok.. let's give it a whirl.

Oh. My. God.  It was awful.. I mean it was sooo bad.  I considered suicide right there in the dressing room, but having both kids with me was a deterrent.  Well, that and I couldn't find anything to slice my wrist with, really.. it was BAD.  I tell Reya "I think I'm not ready for a swimsuit." She tells me "I think swimsuits aren't ready for your boobs!" LOL She's right.  I try not to be bitchy the rest of the shopping trip and failed miserably.  I was so mad.  Mad at the 3 different tankini tops I tried on, mad at me for doing it and mad at her for even suggesting it!

I decided at some point last night that I was not going to let a bathing suit defeat me.  Today I got back on the proverbial horse.  This time I hit the mall and found a suit that was designed for big girls.  I stopped in at my local Lane Bryant and tried a few things on.  The first one was too big! (yay! but I really liked it.. I think it would work better for someone taller though.) but the second one was perfect.  

I'm so not a fan of zebra stripes, and the website has this this same top in red/orange with an extra 20% off.  That was a no brainer.  I ordered it online.  

Now I just have to find bottoms for it.  *sigh* 

Oh, I also tried on bras and confirmed that the ones I have are again too big.  I should be happy about it, but I'm not.  This bra situation is slowly ruining my life.  Next month (my birthday month! yay) is their semi-annual sale so I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and buy new ones... again.  I've gone down 3 band sizes in the past 6 months.  

No comments:

Post a Comment